7 December 2020
Kyrgyzstan sets presidential vote for 10 January 2020. In response to the protests following the recent elections of 5 October 2020, UNESCO Almaty will organize a training on Media and Elections for journalists from public services, commercial media outlets, as well as community media centers of the Kyrgyz Republic planned on 7 December 2020.The course will address some of the challenges ahead of elections such as disinformation, e.g. working towards a wide political spectrum commitment not to circulate fake news, or training security forces; as well as links to publications on cutting edge issues such as social media and elections.
- Social media and elections, 2019 (English)
- Safety of Journalists Covering Protests (English),(Russian)
- Elections and Media in Digital Times (English), (Russian - under the translation)
- Balancing Act: Countering Digital Disinformation While Respecting Freedom of Expression Broadband Commission research report on ‘Freedom of Expression and Addressing Disinformation on the Internet’ September 2020 (English) and Executive summary 14 pages (Russian)
- UN Plan of Action on the Safety of Journalists and the Issue of Ipunity (English)
Permanent link: http://en.unesco.kz/call-for-trainers-media-and-elections